Hey everyone!! I’ve decided to try a different layout for Tuesday’s weekly recap newsletter, just to see if it helps keep things more organized. Plus, I’m starting to feature upcoming books/cover reveals/other random things that have my attention, and maybe you’ll find a gem or two in those as well. Anyways, let me know how you like this new format, and happy reading!!
Some books I currently have my eye on: Dirty Deeds by Karina Halle (romance between a flight attendant and the man sent to kill her!!), Perfectly Damaged by EL Montes (schizophrenic heroine), If Only by Norma Budden (heroine gave up her daughter but wants to find her & she enlists the help of the father, even though he doesn’t know that they have a daughter!!), Behind the Scenes by Dahlia Adler (YA Hollywood romance from an author I love), Prick by Sabrina Paige (stepbrother/stepsister romance that a LOT of readers are loving), and The Summer Remains by Seth King (highly emotional NA romance). Whew….that’s a lot of choices!
Upcoming Releases: Did you know I now have a section that’ll list upcoming releases for the year? Be sure to bookmark the page below as I update it daily with preorders/Goodreads links.
Cool tip: Tired of seeing all the $.99, $1.99, $2.99, etc… on your bills? Send yourself an Amazon gift card and plan a budget accordingly
P.S. Don’t have a Kindle/Kindle account? No worries! Get a free Kindle Reading App, regardless if you have a Kindle! I have an iPad and I mostly read on the app
- Dirty Angels by Karina Halle – romantic suspense between a flight attendant and the guy sent to kill her!!
- Sinister Desires Anthology – guys, this is a GREAT deal if you love dark romance!! It even includes the previously banned Her Master’s Courtesan by Lily White, one of the darkest and most brutal books I’ve ever read and adored. $3.99 for 10 dark erotic romances!
- Garrett by Sawyer Bennett – sports romance!
- Reclaimed by River Savage ($.99)
- Unexpected Fate by Harper Sloan – spinoff standalone of her Corps Security series! “I’ve loved Cohen Cage since I was a small child. He’s been my everything for the last twenty-two years. I’ve loved him through every girlfriend he’s ever brought home. Through his college years and then mine. I’ve loved him through two deployments. And ever since the day I told him how I felt, he’s acted like I’m a stranger. My name is Danielle Reid, and it’s time for me to get my man.”
- The Return by Jennifer L. Armentrout – NA PNR romance!
- Driven by Fate by Tessa Bailey – erotic romance
- Forbidden Nights by Lauren Blakely – spinoff standalone of her Seductive Nights trilogy!
- You Only Love Twice by Lexi Blake – oooh this sounds really good! The heroine is undercover to eliminate a target and it turns out to be the hero, an ex-Army guy who was the lone survivor when the rest of his squad members were killed.
- Gabe by M. Malone – billionaire romance!
- The Master by Kresley Cole
- The Summer Remains by Seth King – A few friends read an early copy and they all commented on what an emotional romance this book was. I’m definitely intrigued!! “Twenty-four-year-old Summer Johnson knows two things. The first is that due to a quickly-worsening medical condition, she faces a risky surgery in three months’ time that may very well end in her death. The second is that she would like to fall in love before then.”
- Charade by JS Cooper
- Prick by Sabrina Paige ($.99) – stepbrother romance BLOWING up my social media feeds I tell you! And it definitely sounds like a fun one “Caulter Sterling is a prick. A filthy-mouthed, womanizing, crude, spoiled, arrogant prick. The tattooed, pierced, panty-melting-hot son of a celebrity. I hate him…And in celebration of graduation and adulthood, I just made the worst decision in the history of ever. I lost my V-card to the devil himself. It was just one night. So what if it was mind-blowing? Hit it and quit it. Except I just found out that my father – the Senator, the Presidential hopeful – is marrying Caulter’s mother. Oh, and this summer? We’re hitting the campaign trail. One big happy family. I’m totally f**ked.”
- Play My Game by J. Kenner
- The Billionaire & the Virgin by Jessica Clare
- Clear by Jessica Park – PNR romance from a favorite author! “during extraordinary chaos, there can be extraordinary love, even if that love comes with a twist.”
- A Desperate Man 2 by Ella Frank & Brooke Blaine – erotic romance with a sex addict hero!
- Becoming the Whiskey Princess by Toni Aleo – book 2 that continues the story about an American girl finding love in Ireland!
- Game Play by Lynda Aicher – sports romance!
- Heartsick by Caitlin Sinead – NA PNR romance!
- If Only by Norma Budden – I got sent this book as a recommendation and it sounds pretty good! The heroine gave birth to a baby girl while she was in high school and since then, has moved on, married, and had 2 other kids. Many years later, she’s suddenly yearning to reach out to her first-born and she turns to the one man who can help her find answers, “David Alexander, a married father of two daughters – the father of the baby she had given up so long ago who had no idea he had sired a child as a teen.” (!!!!)
- Rock Candy Kisses by Addison Moore – this sounds good! It’s a NA rockstar romance with a deaf heroine who just goes through the motions in life, always feeling like something’s missing. Enter the hero, who’s the exact opposite of her: a rocker, a player, a college dropout. “Her friends want to sleep with him, her brothers want to kill him, and all [the heroine] wants is a chance to see where her heart takes her…Often first love and first heartbreak go hand in hand. Sometimes the thrill of one is worth risking the other.”
- Maybe by Amber L. Johnson – a standalone rockstar romance between a magazine writer assigned to tour with a band and one of the band’s soulful musicians.
- Obligation by Aurora Rose Reynolds
- Matched by SE Hall & Angela Graham – fun reality TV show romance! “Eight men, eight women, one mansion in paradise; their every move caught on camera for the world to see. Among the faces in the house: a mysterious cowboy, a cocky football star, a motocross god, and a broody Alpha calling all the shots. Thorough compatibility testing says everyone’s soulmate is there. Computers’ abilities are boundless, but can they be trusted with matters of the heart?”
- Nine Minutes by Beth Flynn ($2.99) – 50% price drop! This book was one of THE most unputdownable books I read in 2014 and a TOP FAVORITE for sure. After I finished this unique biker romance, I couldn’t pick up another book for days! (here’s my review)
- Then There Was You by Melanie Dawn ($.99) – a TOP FAVORITE book from 2014 and one of the few books I pulled an all-nighter for!! It’s a gripping romance between a rockstar who just let his old love go and his former counselor when he was a teenager…kinda taboo there hehe (here’s my review).
- If You Stay (#1) and Until We Fly (#4) by Courtney Cole are both $.99 each!! I loved the first book back when I read it a few years ago, and my last read was Until We Fly, which is now a TOP FAVORITE for this year! It’s a book that kept me on my toes and just from the first few pages when I read it, I knew it’d be a winner (here’s my review)
- Love Unscripted (#1) and Love Unrehearsed (#2) by Tina Reber are on sale for $1.99 each!!! These are highly addicting Hollywood romances following the same couple and hardly EVER on sale! If you haven’t grabbed these yet, I highly recommend you do.
- Jacked by Tina Reber ($1.99) – Aaaand here’s the other Tina Reber book on sale!
- Flawed by Kate Avelynn ($.99) – Oh boy…this book broke my heart but I wouldn’t have it any other way. If you’re looking for a taboo-ish romance standalone, check this one out, especially if you’ve read Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma and are looking for another that’ll give you similar feels. “When he planted himself between our father and me that day, an eight-year-old with small fists clenched at his sides, I think I fell in love with my brother.”
- With the Father by Jenni Moen ($.99) – a TOP FAVORITE book from 2014 and a taboo romance & mindf*ck all in one. It was thought-provoking and so, SO much more than a forbidden romance. If you read it and feel like chatting about it with someone, I’m here!!
- A Desperate Man 1 by Ella Frank & Brooke Blaine ($.99) – first in the series and an erotic romance with a sex addict hero! The 2nd installment just released (see above section).
- A Little Too Far by Lisa Desrochers ($.99) – great taboo romance! The heroine gets caught between her stepbrother who she grew up with, and a soon-to-be-priest. It’s a quick read and pretty steamy!“She’s torn between falling in love with the man she shouldn’t want and the man she can’t have. And she isn’t sure how she can live with herself either way.”
- Photographer trilogy by Sarah Robinson ($.99) – for the very first time, all 3 books in this series are bundled together for $.99! These are crime romances/romantic suspense reads following the same main leads about a serial killer and a heroine determined to not let him get the best of her… “He takes a picture of every woman he kills…Monsters are only uglier in the light of day.”
- Thin Love (#1) and My Beloved (#1.5) by Eden Butler both got price drops!! These were two of my TOP FAVORITE books from 2014 and are angsty, unputdownable, and unforgettable reads. Book 1 is $1.99, and the wonderful novella is $.99. Here’s my review for book 1 and here’s my review for the novella.
- Breaking Alexandria by KA Robinson ($.99)
- Rocked by Cari Quinn & Taryn Elliot ($.99) – NA rockstar romance between a rocker and a spunky chef! “…Deacon and his bottomless stomach are too tempting to resist. He’s far from the typical rock star and before long, she finds herself experimenting with him, inside and out of the kitchen. Apron – and panties – optional.”
- Whiskey Prince by Toni Aleo ($.99) – American girl finding love in Ireland! The heroine’s mother passes away and leaves her a letter asking her to fulfill three things, and so she heads off to Ireland to honor her mom’s request. At the same time, the hero – dubbed the ‘Whiskey Prince’ – is given an ultimatum to get married in half a year by his family, and they cross paths: “Take a risk. Do something drastic. Fall in love.” Book 2 just released (see above section).
- Forever Black (#1), Forever You (#2), Forever Us (#3), & Collin (#4) by Sandi Lynn are $.99 each!! If you’re in the mood for a billionaire romance with a slight twist, check these out!
- Perfectly Damaged by EL Montes ($.99) – I really want to read this one! The heroine suffers from schizophrenia, constantly questioning her reality and tries hard to not let anyone get close to her, not even the hero –> “I’ve pushed him away, but he isn’t easily deterred. I’ve told him I’m different, but he doesn’t care. He’s trying to slowly break me down. I’m trying just as hard not to let him. He doesn’t know how truly damaged I am; what will happen when he does?”
- Bayonet Scars series by JC Emery ($.99) – this is a bundle of the first 4 books in this series + bonus novella. All are interconnected biker romance standalones!
- Slade (#1) and Hemy (#2) by Victoria Ashley are $.99 each! They sound like filthy hot and erotic romances – the guy from book 1 is a sex addict and the guy in book 2 is a bad boy heartbreaker.
- Carnage by Lesley Jones ($.99) – angst alert! “I love him, from the instant I set eyes on him when I was just 11 years old I have loved him and nothing will ever change that, he owns me, he owns my heart and he owns my body and no matter how many lies are told, no matter how many people conspire to keep us apart, despite the fame and the distance, we will find a way.”
- Comfort Food ($2.99) and Broken Dolls ($2.99) by Kitty Thomas both got price drops! These are dark erotica reads unrelated to each other and limited time sales.
- One to Love by Tia Louise ($.99) – the 4th book in her One to Hold series & a NA romance standalone –> “Tattoos, bad boys, love…Boxing, fame, fortune…It’s a story about fighting. It’s about falling in love. And it’s about losing everything only to find it again in the least likely place.”
- Beautifully Awake + Beautifully Done by Riley Mackenzie ($.99) – I’ve heard these are two highly emotional romance standalones, both stories tackling sensitive subjects. “This is a story of love, trust, acceptance and forgiveness.”
- Even the Moon Has Scars by Steph Campbell ($.99) – YA romance! “Two strangers. Two broken hearts. One night to set each other free.”
- Revenant by Larissa Ione ($.99)
- Phenomenal X by Michelle A. Valentine ($.99) – wrestler romance! “Good Girl. Notorious Bad-Boy. One Phenomenal Love.”
- Beneath This Mask by Meghan March ($.99) – “He loves me, and he doesn’t even know my real name. The limelight that follows him could expose everything I’m hiding. But even knowing the risks, I can’t force myself to stay away. I’m going to break his heart, but mine will shatter right along with it. Will we lose it all when I reveal what’s beneath this mask?”
- Once Upon a Time by SK Hartley ($.99) – It’s a modern Cinderella retelling –> “He’s hot, sexy and little rough around the edges. But, he’s hiding something, something deep. I can feel it, taste it and smell it. Now I’m left wondering if he’s my Prince Charming or my fairy tale villain.”
- Until We Fly by Courtney Cole <– my latest TOP recommendation!! Why did I wait so long to read this one?! Either way, I’m glad I finally read it because this NA romance was gripping, it was unputdownable, and I didn’t want it to end when it did. Highly recommend!! (here’s my review)
- Rainwater by Sandra Brown <– an oldie but a goodie! This was such a moving historical romance set in the era of the Great Depression. I enjoyed it a lot, but be warned. You’re gonna need tissues (here’s my review)
- Thoughtful by SC Stephens <– this is an upcoming book with Kellan’s POV of Thoughtless ($.99). I did like getting in his head and hearing his thoughts but my opinion? ONLY read this book if you’re dying to get more of him, any way you can. Otherwise, you may get bored with this book because it’s truly a rehash of Thoughtless, just in male POV (here’s my review)
- Floored by Melanie Harlow <– recent release that I really enjoyed!! It was a lighthearted drama-free romantic comedy that was such a great de-stresser (here’s my review)
- Tight by Alessandra Torre <– a hot new release from the author dubbed as the queen of mindf*ckery! Sadly though, this one didn’t work for me for many reasons (here’s my review). Once again, it may just be me being picky again, so give it a try if you were interested before!
- Shug by Jenny Han <– this was a re-read for me, and one of my favorite YA books!! I’m amazed that after seven years since I last read it, it still affects me and makes an impact. 5 stars and a book I’d recommend to everyone – you, your teenage kids, your friends, etc…(here’s my review)
- Verum by Courtney Cole <– this book BLEW. MY. MIND!! And I can’t even talk about it that much or it’d be a spoiler for those that haven’t read it or haven’t started this series (here’s my review) But seriously…if you’re feeling adventurous and want a story that’ll keep you on your toes, pick up this NA psychologically thrilling romance, starting with the first book Nocte.
- The Hooker & the Hermit by LH Cosway & Penny Reid <– TOP recommendation and a 5 star read for me! Such a fun, fresh, and quirky book – you won’t find a more wonderful, full-of-heart story to fall in love with (here’s my review)
- The Vixen & the Vet by Katy Regnery <– what a sweet, heartfelt romance! It’s a modern ‘Beauty and the Beast’ retelling that truly warmed my heart (here’s my review)
- Hero by Samantha Young <– favorite and recommendation!! This enemies-to-lovers office romance was fun, sexy, and at-times emotional! It had the perfect amount of angst and swoon (here’s my review)
- Trade Me by Courtney Milan <– favorite! I really loved this NA romance. It was unique (couple pairing), had such whip-smart writing, and both characters were so likeable. I’d recommend it! (here’s my review)
- Cartel by Lili St. Germain <– the first book in her prequel series to the wickedly intense and twisted Gypsy Brothers series! I really enjoyed this one and if you’re in the mood for one wild, fast-paced biker read, this one’s a good choice! (here’s my review)
- The Traveling Man by Jane Harvey Berrick <– This book totally wrecked me! It was one emotional rollercoaster I couldn’t get off of (not sure if I even wanted to). I was so conflicted I didn’t know how to rate it…so I didn’t. (here’s my review)
- Calling Me Home by Julie Kibler <– TOP recommendation and a 5 star read for me! Just thinking about this book is making my eyes water. I took a chance on this one and I strongly encourage you all to do the same (here’s my review)
- Raze by Tillie Cole <– recommendation for all dark romance fans!! The one and only word to describe this book would be INTENSE. I could not put it down and there’s this hidden layer to the romance that made my heart race! If you’re looking for a book that’s guaranteed to get your heart pumping, try this one (here’s my review)
- Sweet Fall by Tillie Cole <– a TOP recommendation!! This NA romance is one of the darkest and emotionally heavy stories I’ve read in a long while, but it was exactly what I was in the mood for. It also made me ugly cry and I’m just blown away by the amount of emotion it evoked….if you’re looking for a standalone romance guaranteed to make you FEEL, try this one! (here’s my review)
- Dear Emily (#1) and Dear Tabitha (#2) by Trudy Stiles <– TOP recommendation! These books are a blend of realistic women’s fiction with romance and made my heart feel so full…I loved both and being able to read them back to back let me carry my emotions from the first book to the second without delay. BEST kind of reading experience!! Here’s my review for book 1 and here’s my review for book 2. Be sure to read these in order!
- Extinguish (#1) and Reignite (#2) by JM Darhower <– TOP recommendation!! This 2-book paranormal forbidden romance was unputdownable from the get go and I didn’t want the story to end. I mean, the hero is Lucifer, the Devil! That alone made me pick these up Here’s my review for book 1 and here’s my review for book 2.
- Amour Amour by Krista & Becca Ritchie <– I really enjoyed this NA romance! This was so unique (setting is in the circus) and the character development was stunning! It truly embodies every aspect of NA and as always, the authors’ writing style is great. Totally recommend (here’s my review)
- Last Will & Testament by Dahlia Adler <– another favorite! This was such a refreshingly witty NA romance standalone (a little taboo since he’s the heroine’s TA). Totally recommend it (here’s my review)
- Nine Minutes by Beth Flynn <– TOP recommendation!! This 5 star book rocked my world, 200% unputdownable (here’s my review)
- Clockwork Angel (#1), Clockwork Prince (#2), and Clockwork Princess (#3) by Cassandra Clare are my ultimate TOP recommendations!! I seriously finished this sensational trilogy and had tears dripping down my face, a pile of tissues discarded on the floor, and food wrappers scattered around me. It was SO emotional, SO intense, SO passionate, and SO good. 6 star series for me!! (here’s my series review) These books must be read in order!
I’ll do anything to get safe, even if that means working at the scariest club in town.
I’ll do anything to stay hidden, even if it means taking off my clothes for strangers.
I’ll do anything to be free. Except give him up. When he looks at me, I forget why I can’t have him. He’s beautiful and scarred. His body fits mine, filling the places where I’m hollow, rough where I am soft.
He’s the one man who wants to help me, but he has his own agenda. He has questions I can’t answer. What are you afraid of?
For Cameron, it started with a devoted wife and a bright future…until he discovered devotion was never high on his wife’s list of marital duties.
When trust is tested and faith in the power of true love is lost, there is only way one to restore it:
Give that person everything you’ve got, nurture her, love her…
And watch her bloom.
In the first installment of The Beachy Bride series, we experience the love story of Victoria and Cameron. Both are no stranger to heartache, but both believe in the power of love.”
The letter takes him to Echo Glen, a secluded retreat outside of Seattle, where he meets David Hadley, an elderly man who needs Elliot’s help fulfilling a promise to his wife, June. But along the way, it is Elliot whose life will be changed, as he’s introduced to a cast of colorful characters who conspire to draw him ever deeper into a whimsical world, where falling in love is all about letting go.
From the green mountains of the great Pacific Northwest to the scarlet poppy fields of northern Spain, this unique and heart-wrenching love story will take you on an emotional journey to that ever-elusive place called true love. Another must-read romance from Ryan Winfield that is guaranteed to draw tears, put a smile on your face, and have you, too, falling for June.”
Then, in the time it takes your heart to beat, for air to fill your lungs, the happy life you knew is gone.
And so is the happy, loving person you once were.
My name is Annabella Everly and this is my story of how I lost my way in life. How I became an illusion of myself. And how I slowly found my way back and learned to love and be happy again.”