- Broken Chords by Carrie Elks <– my last read and it was really good! A realistic romance about an already married couple and their struggles (here’s my review). It’ll be released this Thursday and you can preorder!
- Be My Hero by Linda Kage <– hmm I’m in the minority but this one didn’t really work for me. I adored the hero but there was too much drama that got in the way of the romance, at least for me (here’s my review). Don’t let my not-so-glowing review sway you from checking it out though, many loved it!
- Before Jamaica Lane by Samantha Young <– an oldie from over a year ago but definitely a goodie! This is my latest TOP recommendation and it was such a FUN, steamy, and feel-good friends to lovers romance! Definitely will be making my favorites list for this year (here’s my review)
- Dirty Deeds by Karina Halle <– recent release where a flight attendant and the sister of a drug lord falls for the man sent to kill her! Whew, love that premise! This book was different from what I thought it would be, but overall, I liked it & I’m glad I rolled with it (here’s my review)
- Until We Fly by Courtney Cole <– TOP recommendation!! Why did I wait so long to read this one?! Either way, I’m glad I finally read it because this NA romance was gripping, it was unputdownable, and I didn’t want it to end when it did. Highly recommend!! (here’s my review)
- Rainwater by Sandra Brown <– an oldie but a goodie! This was such a moving historical romance set in the era of the Great Depression. I enjoyed it a lot, but be warned. You’re gonna need tissues (here’s my review)
- Thoughtful by SC Stephens <– new release & Kellan’s POV of Thoughtless. I did like getting in his head and hearing his thoughts but my opinion? ONLY read this book if you’re dying to get more of him, any way you can. Otherwise, you may get bored with this book because it’s truly a rehash of Thoughtless, just in male POV (here’s my review)
- Floored by Melanie Harlow <– recommendation! I really enjoyed this one. It was a lighthearted drama-free romantic comedy that was such a great de-stresser (here’s my review)
- Tight by Alessandra Torre <– this one didn’t work for me for me at all (here’s my review). Once again, it may just be me being picky again, so give it a try if you were interested before!
- Shug by Jenny Han <– this was a re-read for me, and one of my favorite YA books!! I’m amazed that after seven years since I last read it, it still affects me and makes an impact. 5 stars and a book I’d recommend to everyone – you, your teenage kids, your friends, etc…(here’s my review)
- The Hooker & the Hermit by LH Cosway & Penny Reid <– TOP recommendation and a 5 star read for me! Such a fun, fresh, and quirky book – you won’t find a more wonderful, full-of-heart story to fall in love with (here’s my review)
- Hero by Samantha Young <– favorite and recommendation!! This enemies-to-lovers office romance was fun, sexy, and at-times emotional! It had the perfect amount of angst and swoon (here’s my review)
- Trade Me by Courtney Milan <– favorite! I really loved this NA romance. It was unique (couple pairing), had such whip-smart writing, and both characters were so likeable. I’d recommend it! (here’s my review)
- Calling Me Home by Julie Kibler <– TOP recommendation and a 5 star read for me! Just thinking about this book is making my eyes water. I took a chance on this one and I strongly encourage you all to do the same (here’s my review)
- Raze by Tillie Cole <– recommendation for all dark romance fans!! The one and only word to describe this book would be INTENSE. I could not put it down and there’s this hidden layer to the romance that made my heart race! If you’re looking for a book that’s guaranteed to get your heart pumping, try this one (here’s my review)
- Sweet Fall by Tillie Cole <– a TOP recommendation!! This NA romance is one of the darkest and emotionally heavy stories I’ve read in a long while, but it was exactly what I was in the mood for. It also made me ugly cry and I’m just blown away by the amount of emotion it evoked….if you’re looking for a standalone romance guaranteed to make you FEEL, try this one! (here’s my review)
- Dear Emily (#1) and Dear Tabitha (#2) by Trudy Stiles <– TOP recommendation! These books are a blend of realistic women’s fiction with romance and made my heart feel so full…I loved both and being able to read them back to back let me carry my emotions from the first book to the second without delay. BEST kind of reading experience!! Here’s my review for book 1 and here’s my review for book 2. Be sure to read these in order!
- Extinguish (#1) and Reignite (#2) by JM Darhower <– TOP recommendation!! This 2-book paranormal forbidden romance was unputdownable from the get go and I didn’t want the story to end. I mean, the hero is Lucifer, the Devil! That alone made me pick these up Here’s my review for book 1 and here’s my review for book 2.
- Amour Amour by Krista & Becca Ritchie <– I really enjoyed this NA romance! This was so unique (setting is in the circus) and the character development was stunning! It truly embodies every aspect of NA and as always, the authors’ writing style is great. Totally recommend (here’s my review)
- Last Will & Testament by Dahlia Adler <– another favorite! This was such a refreshingly witty NA romance standalone (a little taboo since he’s the heroine’s TA). Totally recommend it (here’s my review)
- Nine Minutes by Beth Flynn <– TOP recommendation!! This 5 star book rocked my world, 200% unputdownable (here’s my review)
- Clockwork Angel (#1), Clockwork Prince (#2), and Clockwork Princess (#3) by Cassandra Clare are my ultimate TOP recommendations!! I seriously finished this sensational trilogy and had tears dripping down my face, a pile of tissues discarded on the floor, and food wrappers scattered around me. It was SO emotional, SO intense, SO passionate, and SO good. 6 star series for me!! (here’s my series review) These books must be read in order!
This week I’m highlighting a couple of preorders that have REALLY caught my eye, and I can’t wait to read them all!!
Dangerous Temptations by Brooke Cumberland
Releasing tomorrow!!! “I was the party-goer who managed to seduce a man twice my age to have the lifestyle some could only dream of. I was every magazine’s cliché of what a gold-digging whore was. I wanted to prove them wrong—that our love was real and that I wasn’t that girl. But then everything changed. One wrong decision. One unfaithful night. One haunting reality. Perhaps they were right. The media didn’t see it coming…and neither did I.”
Untamed by SC Stephens
Releasing November 3, and it’s Griffin’s book! “Griffin Hancock is tired of being stuck behind Kellan Kyle’s spotlight. He’s the best, the main event, and everyone should know it. He has Anna, and his beautiful daughter Gibson, and to hell with the rest of them. A new venture presents itself, and Griffin decides this is his chance. When he tells the band about his new side gig, they are less than supportive. Undaunted by their criticism, Griffin decides to take matters into his own hands. Packing up his family, he leaves Seattle behind and returns to L.A. to break out on his own. But success isn’t as easy as Griffin thought it would be, and he soon finds that the phrase ‘You don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone’, is all too true.”
Night Shift Anthology
I rarely read anthologies but this is one I’ll be checking out for sure. One: it’s got brand new content, not stories that have been published before. Two: it’s from some of my favorite authors Sawyer Bennett, Eden Butler, Toni Aleo, Kindle Alexander, Brenda Rothert, and Chelle Bliss, and proceeds are going to 3 different charities. Releases March 17!
“Summer in the Big Easy is hot. Inside Tulane Medical Center the temperature is on the rise.
A doctor nursing a broken heart. A wounded warrior with no interest in love. A single father finding the girl who got away. A combat nurse trying to adjust to civilian life. Two lost souls looking for love. A former detective looking for answers and an FBI agent who finds more than he bargains for.
Desire. Lust. Excess. New Orleans will never be the same.
Six never before released stories that will leave you breathless.
Dirty things happen in the dark.”
Tryst by SL Jennings
For fans of Taint, here’s the 2nd book in her Sexual Education series where “a happily married couple decides to take a walk on the wild side in order to add spice to their sex life—but end up in a situation that neither could have ever bargained for.” Release date: July 21!
Fuel the Fire by Krista & Becca Ritchie
So this isn’t a preorder but I had to sneak it in because Rose and Connor are my favorite couple in this series and the release date was JUST announced for April 7!!!!
What KB said about this book: “We really only touched the surface with Kiss the Sky, and throughout Fuel the Fire, we’ve dug so much deeper. We can’t wait to share this book with you, as we’ve cried, we’ve laughed, and our hearts have been ripped open. Connor & Rose’s conclusion will be here soon — and we’ll do our best to make the waiting game fly by.”